Ari Save Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Ari Save!
Ari Save Pty Ltd ABN 19 629 656 640 (referred to hereafter as “we”, “us” or “our”) provides an online service that allows you to easily better understand your spending and saving (“Ari Save”) in Australia. Ari Save consolidates your savings and bills, calculating left over spending and tracks your financial information on the Ari Save app (“the App”) available on the Ari Save website https://arisave.com.au (“the Website”). Based on this information, Ari Save may also present information relating to third party products or services.
Ari Save is provided to you on a subscription basis and is meant as an aid to assist you in organising and managing your finances. It is not intended to provide legal, tax or financial advice.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS
We reserve the right to vary these Terms at our discretion. We recommend that you check the revised Terms before using Ari Save. If you do not agree to these Terms or any changes to them, you should immediately cease using Ari Save.
These Terms are effective as at the date they are published and may be amended by us from time to time. The version of these Terms published on the Website from time to time is the current version and will bind us, our merchants and Users of Ari Save.
We will provide you with notice of any change to, or suspension or termination of, Ari Save or these Terms on our Website, through the App or by sending a notice to the email address we have recorded for you. Where these Terms are changed, a copy of the revised Terms will also be available on the Website and through the App.
Your continued use of Ari Save after notice of any change referred to above is provided will be deemed to be acceptance of the revised Terms. Alternatively, you may discontinue your use of Ari Save and opt-out at any time by cancelling your Ari Save subscription and deleting your Ari Save account.
It is your responsibility to stay up to date with changes to Pocketbook and the Terms by reviewing them on the Website or through the App from time to time and before you use or wish to use Ari Save. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage that may arise if you fail to do so.
PRIVACY AND YOUR INFORMATION
Collection of User information
ACCOUNT INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY SITES
We cannot always foresee or anticipate and therefore shall not be liable in respect of any technical or other difficulties which may result in failure to obtain data or loss of data, personalisation settings or other service interruptions. We do not assume any responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy, deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any user data, communications or personalisation settings.
For example, when using Ari Save, Account Information via third party services is only up-to-date as the time at which the information is obtained from such sites. Such information may be more up-to-date when obtained directly from the relevant sites. Accordingly, we cannot assume any responsibility, nor bear any indemnity in respect of information used for Ari Save that is in any way untimely or out of date.
You use any recommendations within Ari Save at your own risk and should consult your financial advisors prior to using Ari Save is recommended. Ari Save does not provide financial advice, but provides you with an opportunity to review your financials in a new perspective and make judgments upon your own volition.
YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your password, which, together with your Login ID email address, allows you to access Ari Save. That Login ID and password, together with any other information you provide at signup form your “Registration Information.”
By providing us with your email address, you agree to receive all required notices electronically, to that email address. It is your responsibility to update or change that address, as appropriate. Notices will be provided in HTML (or, if your system does not support HTML, in plain-text) in the text of the e-mail or through a link to the appropriate page on our site, accessible through any standard, commercially available internet browser.
If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your Registration Information, you agree to notify us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR USE OF ARI SAVE
Your right to access and use Pocketbook is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You must access and use Ari Save, the Website and the App for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms.
Accurate records enable us to provide the highest level of service to you. You must not misrepresent your Registration Information. In order for Ari Save to function effectively, you must also keep your Registration Information up to date and accurate. If you do not do this, the accuracy and effectiveness of Ari Save to you will be affected.
Your access and use of Ari Save may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of Ari Save or other actions that we elect to take.
You also agree that we may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of Ari Save, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant Ari Save a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to us in any way. We will not sell, publish or share your feedback in a way that could identify you without your explicit permission.
We reserve the right to discontinue or cancel your registration, at our sole discretion and without notice including but not limited to the following reasons: (a) breach of any applicable law or breach of any of the Terms; (b) where we conclude that your conduct impacts on our name or reputation; or(c) where we conclude that your conduct violates our rights or those of another party.
If you breach any provision of these Terms, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of Ari Save with respect to you, and commence proceedings against you for damages or expenses arising directly or indirectly out of your actions.
We are under no obligation to monitor any person’s use of Ari Save, however we reserve the right to monitor any aspect of Ari Save and retain and disclose information as allowed by law and requested by any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction.
You acknowledge that we may, in our sole discretion and without notice, vary, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all of the Website and/or the App and you agree we are not liable to you or any third party for such variation, modification or discontinuance.
All purchases through our site or other transactions for the sale of services or information formed through the website or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our Terms of Sale, which hereby incorporated into these Terms of Service.
Ari Save provides you a 30 day free trial period which then automatically converts to a paid subscription that has been chosen on sign up. If the free trial period is cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period, your Apple ID will not be charged.
Payment will be charged to your Apple ID at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscription by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
USE OF ARI SAVE WITH OTHER DEVICES
Use of Ari Save may be available through a compatible mobile device, Internet and/or network access and may require software. You agree that you are solely responsible for these requirements, including any applicable changes, updates and fees as well as the terms of your agreement with your mobile device and telecommunications provider.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ARI SAVE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO: (i) THE AVAILABILITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES FROM YOUR PROVIDER AND ACCESS TO POCKETBOOK AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY LOCATION; (ii) ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES; AND (iii) ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR FAILURE TO TRANSMIT ANY DATA, COMMUNICATIONS OR SETTINGS CONNECTED WITH POCKETBOOK.
ONLINE, EMAIL AND MOBILE ALERTS
We may from time to time provide automatic alerts and voluntary account-related alerts. Automatic alerts may be sent to you following certain changes made online to your Ari Save account, such as a change in your Registration Information.
These alerts provide you with alert messages for your accounts. We may add new alerts from time to time, or cease to provide certain alerts at any time upon its sole discretion. Each alert has different options available, and you may be asked to select from among these options within your Ari Save account settings.
Electronic alerts will be sent to the email address you have provided as your primary email address for Ari Save. If your email address or your mobile device’s email address changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change.
Because alerts are not encrypted, we will never include your unique third-party identification information. However, alerts may include your Ari Save Login ID and transaction and other information about your accounts, depending upon which alerts you select.
RIGHTS YOU GRANT US
By submitting information, data, passwords, usernames, passcodes, other log-in information, materials and other content to us through the Website or the App, you are licensing that content to us solely for the purpose of benefits provided to you by through use of Ari Save. We may use and store the content, but only to provide these benefits to you. By submitting this content to us, you represent that you are entitled to submit it to us for use for this purpose, without any obligation by us to pay any fees or other limitations.
By using Ari Save, you expressly authorise us to access your Account Information maintained by identified third parties, on your behalf as your agent. When you use the “Sync Bank Account” feature of Ari Save, you will be directly connected to the website for the third party you have identified.
Ari Save will submit information including usernames and passwords that you provide to log you into the site. You hereby authorise and permit us to use and store information submitted by you to Ari Save (such as account passwords and user names) to accomplish the foregoing and to configure Ari Save so that it is compatible with the third party sites for which you submit your information. For purposes of these Terms and solely to provide the Account Information to you as part of Ari Save, you grant Ari Save a limited power of attorney, and appoint Ari Save as your attorney-in-fact and agent, to access third party sites, retrieve and use your information with the full power and authority to do and perform each thing necessary in connection with such activities, as you could do in person. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN ARI SAVE IS ACCESSING AND RETRIEVING ACCOUNT INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY SITES, ARI SAVE IS ACTING AS YOUR AGENT, AND NOT AS THE AGENT OF OR ON BEHALF OF THE THIRD PARTY. You understand and agree that Pocketbook is not sponsored or endorsed by any third parties accessible through Pocketbook.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property in relation to the Website, the App and sent to you via email (including the software, design, text, data, icons, logos, copyrights, designs, trade marks, concepts sound recordings and graphics) (“Intellectual Property”) belongs to us or its licensors, advertisers or affiliates.
We retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Website, the App and all related content and Intellectual Property, and nothing you do on or in relation to the Website, the App or any of the related content will transfer any rights, in intellectual property or otherwise, to you, or license to you any such rights unless expressly stated otherwise.
You agree not to do anything that interferes with or breaches the intellectual property rights in the content. You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, attempt to discover the source code, sell, assign, sub-license, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any content on the Website or the App.
You may view content or print a copy of material on the Website or the App for personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify the content in any way (including any copyright notice).
The contents of Ari Save belong or are licensed to us or its software or content suppliers. We grant you the right to view and use the Website and the App subject to these Terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided on Website or the App for your personal, internal and non-commercial use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from Ari Save in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent.
ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE AND THE APP
You agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor Ari Save or any portion of Ari Save, without Ari Save’s express written consent, which may be withheld in Ari Save’s sole discretion;
- Interfere with the computer systems which support the Website and the App; overload a service; engage in a denial-of-service attack; or attempt to disable a host;
- Collect or store personal data about other Users of the Website or the App;
- Impersonate or falsely represent your association with any person or organisation;
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search Pocketbook, other than the search engines and search agents available through Pocketbook and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Explorer);
- Post, communicate or transmit or use any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising, or any other forms of unsanctioned solicitation, including without limitation junk mail, spam, chain letters, or unsolicited mass distribution of email;
- Delete, circumvent or alter any author attribution, legal notices, rights management information or technological protection measures;
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of Ari Save; or
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of Ari Save.
Furthermore, we do not warrant that functions contained in the Website and App, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that we or our hosting server, are free of viruses or bugs.
TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel your Ari Save account, without cause or reason by giving you 30 days’ notice via email to the email address we have recorded for you.
In addition, we may cancel your Ari Save account, and terminate your use immediately without notice, if you:
- breach or violate any conditions or other terms or requirements in the Terms; or
- supply any incorrect or misleading information to us; or
- die or become unsound of mind or become bankrupt; or
- act against our business interests or reputation or the business interests or reputation of our related bodies corporate and related entities, clients, partners, merchants and suppliers.
CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE AND THE APP
Whilst we make every effort to ensure information or content published on the Website or the App by us is accurate and complete, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no guarantee that it is, and cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions (beyond our reasonable control) in any such information or content.
Any dated information or content published by us on the Website or the App is current at the time of publication, and we are not obliged to update or amend any such information or content.
SOCIAL MEDIA CONNECTIONS
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you release us, our related bodies corporate and our related entities, and any of our/their respective officers, employees and agents from any claim for loss, damage or liability, including special, indirect or consequential loss or damage such as loss of revenue, unavailability of systems or loss of data, in respect of:
- errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of Ari Save;
- any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from Ari Save;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our services by any third party;
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Website or the App, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the company is advised of the possibility of such damages;
- any advertising emails or survey invitation email sent to you by us or on our behalf;
- the quality of goods and/or services purchased from third parties by you;
- any merchant or product descriptions contained on the Website or contained in advertising email sent to you by us or on our behalf;
- any failure of or delay in a merchant to notify us of a Qualifying Transaction; or
- any failure or default beyond our reasonable control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, conditions, representations and guarantees implied by law in relation to the provision of goods and services by us under the Terms or in connection with Ari Save.
Nothing in the Terms operates to limit or exclude any liability (or statutory warranties, conditions or guarantees) that cannot be limited or excluded by law or limits any party’s rights under the Australian Consumer Law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability in connection with the Terms and/or Ari Save for breach of any representation, warranty, guarantee or condition implied or imposed by law that cannot be excluded is limited (at our option) to supply Ari Save to you again or the cost of supplying Ari Save to you.
You specifically acknowledge that we shall not be liable for content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
The Website and App are controlled and offered by us from our facilities and we make no representations that Ari Save is appropriate or available for in any locations. Those who access or use Ari Save from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you acknowledge that you have not relied upon or been induced by any representation made by us or on our behalf, and that we make not warranty or representation, as to:
- the results that may be obtained through using Ari Save (except to the extent expressly stated otherwise in the Terms, on the Website or on the App);
- the accuracy, reliability or otherwise of any information obtained through using Ari Save;
- the Website or App being uninterrupted, timely or error free; and
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to Ari Save; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defence and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and your use of Ari Save.
You acknowledge and agree that you alone are liable for any and all taxation implications relating to your use of Ari Save, and you alone will be liable for having any such tax liability assessed and paid.
We recommend that you consult with your accountant or tax adviser to ensure that you understand any possible tax implications related to your use of Ari Save.
Upon demand, you will indemnify and keep indemnified us, our related bodies corporate and our related entities, and any of our/their respective officers, employees and agents (collectively, “those indemnified”) against all liability for fringe benefits tax or other taxes (or their collection) incurred by those indemnified and arising from your use of Ari Save.
ABILITY TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms, and to abide by and comply with these Terms. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as Ari Save is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use Ari Save.
We provide these Terms upon sign-up so that you know what terms apply to your use of Ari Save. You acknowledge that we have given you a reasonable opportunity to review these Terms and that you have agreed to them.
We may assign or novate or transfer in whole or part any of our rights or obligations under the Terms without your prior written consent (and if we do so we will provide notice on the Website or on the App). The agreement set out in the Terms is personal to you and so you may not assign, novate or sub-licence in whole or part any of your rights or obligations under the Terms without our prior written consent.
In the Terms, unless the contrary intention appears or the context otherwise requires:
- “Confidential Information” includes all information exchanged between the parties to these Terms, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including us but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party.
- “Data” means any data inputted by you or with your authority into the Website or the App, or data acquired via your authorisation (including your transaction information).
- “Intellectual Property Right” means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
- “User” means the registered user for Ari Save, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use Ari Save.
- the word “person” includes an individual, a firm, a corporation, an unincorporated association, government, state or agency of state, association, partnership or joint venture.
- all references to dollars or $ or cash are to Australian dollars.
- ‘including’, ‘such as’ and similar expressions are not words of limitation.
- “related body corporate” and “related entity” have the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
And other terms defined in the body of the Terms shall have those defined meanings when use in the Terms.